Sunday, November 22

Why are you hiding your face?

Are you ok?
Are you crying?
God Bless you?!? Did you sneeze?
I can't tell. Can you?!?!?!

You know why you can't tell? Because it's FAKE!
I am SICK of FAKE tears on stage or television and even film.

SICK!

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FOOLING?!?!?!


I am 3 feet away from you. I can see you.
GOTCHU!

And believe me, I get it...
Some people cannot produce such raw emotion. I know it's hard. It took me forever to even tap into my soft side. (yes, I have one.)


When you cry, you become one of the ugliest things on the planet. Who wants to do that? But don't think you got one up on me, ladies and gentlemen! I GOTCHU!

If you can't muster the real things like this cartoon.
How can you expect me to believe you?



You are snifflin, bouncin your shoulders, maybe bewailing your state... but unless you've made it personal. I don't believe you!

Do anything else!
Why are you gonna fake it?
I know some plays/scenes require emotion, and depending on the day, you might not be able to access those emotions, but don't fake it. Come from where you are! I understand. And believe me, you'll find a reason to cry. If you remember your circumstances, who you're talking to, what or who you're talking about. You will find a reason.


Stop wasting my time with your fake emotion! Stop covering your face! I can see you. Stop hiding from the audience, because the only person you're hiding from is yourself.

Take some lessons from a master of emotion.

1 comment: