Tuesday, November 24

Day Job = Practicing your acting on someone else's time?


As if you didn't know, I gots a day job to keep this Fiesty Actress swimmin' in her shoe collection.

And DAMN, THEY IS WORKIN' ME!!!


I find myself jealous of the people who are waitresses and bartenders. I wish I could do that, and be happy. [Don't get me wrong, I don't look down on any customer service people at all. I respect them HIGHLY.]
Even though I'm an actor, I am not a people person that way. I would get mad if someone looked at me the wrong way.then it would be spittin in the food, spittin in the drinks, droppin hot coffee on your baby, etc. Let's just say that it would not be pretty.

But as I sit at my desk job and wish that I could make my bosses choke slowly with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (yes, a Mr. CME. Do you think you could breathe if that were stuck down your throat? Look at him. He's burly.), I also realize that on certain days I can casually look on playbill.com or backstage.com and check out castings that day or week or however long ago that it was since I last checked it out because my bosses eat my life and I wish that I didn't have so much responsibility at a job that was only supposed to pay my bills but not eat my life.

(I know... I know... I need therapy. I'm working on that...)


Anyway... What makes you happy at your job?

I'm finding that picking up the phone to do OUTRAGEOUS ACCENTS to the unsuspecting callers or clients is what makes me happy. It confuses the telemarketers. It confuses the actual guys that work in the office with me. Sometimes they call to say that they're running late, and I'll answer the phone in a Jamaican accent. To be honest, I think they think I have 8 temps that sub for me while I'm at auditions. Unfortunately, I do not have a single temp. It's just my multiple personality disorder.

I sing to myself in the copy room while I'm doing 3000 copies of some piece of paper that my female boss needs for the 100th time.

I imagine myself in the warmest place on the planet (sense memory) while sitting in the coldest part of the office that is close to the door that people never seem to remember to shut that connects to the coldest hallway in creation.

Thank goodness, thanksgiving is soon..............

No comments:

Post a Comment