Monday, December 21

Are you Versatile?

CATE BLANCHETT.

Need I say more?
Of course, I do. Otherwise, how would you laugh today?

You are looking at one of the most versatile actresses EVER.
Did I just say "ever"?
I DID.
'Cuz.... let's face it. She is.
Bitch can do it ALL.


Don't know who she is? WIKI her, bitches.
This bitch is TALENTED.


Having just seen her as BLANCHE in "A Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams, I bow to her.

If you saw it, what did you think?
If you didn't... TOO BAD FOR YOU!

My friend AMC's husband, Goethe's muse, told me to hold it together while I was watching her. And I have to say, "Sir, I did.'
But it was interesting.
I wish I could ask Ms. Blanchett questions about her performances.
It would be so amazing.

But like a friend.

Yes, Queen Elizabeth I.
Yes, Elizabeth I: The Golden Age.

I would like to be your friend.
Not like Joseph Fiennes. Or Clive Owen.

Like... your BESTY.
ONLY YOUR BITCHES WEAR YOUR COLORS??
I gotchu.

(did I mention that I've seen Elizabeth I, the movie more than 1,000 times? Cuz I have. I know! I know! It's scary and sad. But it's my go-to film. It's my woman empowerment film. It's my FUCK MEN film. Got it? Good.)

Let's talk about how she played 2 characters having a conversation in the Jim Jarmusch film, "Coffee and Cigarettes". And this wench is sooo good, you could not even tell that that's her under that wig and accent. Check the clip out.


I mean... shit! She played Bob Dylan.
YES!!!!
The woman. Played. Bob. Dylan.
She's so versatile that she can play a man.
MORE CONVINCINGLY THAN MOST OF THE ACTUAL MEN IN THE CAST.
You should actually see the movie to see her performance.
She's kick ass.

I mean... What can you say for yourself, people?
Are you this BAD ASS? Are you versatile? Can you act with Dame Judy aka the other Elizabeth I? Are you AUSTRALIAN???? Can you command the winds, sir??

OF COURSE NOT.
You're not CATE BLANCHETT.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen most of these movies. CB movie playdate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cate rocks, btw she's got better legs than many suposed "sexy" actresses, Megan Fox an example.

    ReplyDelete