Friday, February 5

Feisty BLACK Actress MONTH: Week 1

Excuse me, Tina, but you're not an actress.

"I'm your private dancer
A dancer for money
I'll do what you want me to do."


Yes! That's great, but what are you doing on my page?

"You're simply the best, better than all the rest
Better than anyone, anyone I've ever met
I'm stuck on your heart, I hang on every word you say
Tear us apart no, no, baby, I would rather be dead ."


What? I mean... Thank you? I mean... I love you--

"What's love got to do... got to do with it?
What's love... but a second hand emotion?
What's love got to do... got to do with IT?
Who needs a heart when a heart can be Broken?"


So True, Tina. But really....
O DAMN!!!!
That's not Tina.

ANGELA BASSETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out those cheekbones.

Bitch, you had me fooled.

People! This bitch is fly.
Wiki her, bitches.

Since it's FEBRUARY, i.e. BLACK HISTORY MONTH
I'll be posting Feisty Black Actresses per week.
Angela is my first. TADA!


I mean... Check out these arms!!! Makes you want to do PUSH UPs and Lift weights, and eat only egg whites, don't it?


She looks effortlessly calm and toned, but she'll clock you. JUST ASK LAWRENCE FISHBOURNE!!!!


Also... Check out Angela in HOW STELLA GOT HER GROOVE BACK.

(And check out Taye Diggs. That man is so delicious. But... back to this lovely lady....)
She's a strong Black educated woman. And it's very rare to see that in films.

OMG! And if you haven't seen VAMPIRE IN BROOKLYN, with Eddie Murphy,
you are missing out on the best piece of CINEMA ever.
I mean.. it has DWAYNE WAYNE from DIFFERENT WORLD.
JASON from JASON'S LYRIC.
C'MON!!!
(lots of CAPS, but you love it, don't you, Kanye?)
Her acting saves the movie, but seriously...
if you haven't seen it, you are missing out.

BURN IT, Bitch.

BURN.

IT.


Yes, I've got a little bit of a PYRO sensibility.

But I love WAITING TO EXHALE.

And when Bernie throws all of her cheatin' husband's sh*t out... It makes me laugh and cry with excitement. There was so much murder in her eyes. I LOVE IT!!!!

(If you're a man reading this, and you're thinking: "Wow! Feisty Actress! I don't know if I want to date you.... ever." You are probably right! I'm murderous. But if you were to date me, you'd think twice before cheating on me or being stupid, wouldn't ya? WOULDN'T YA?!? [squint] )

THANK YOU, ANGELA BASSETT.
Your intensity has given Black women like me
a reason to look past the Angry Black Woman stereotype.
We're ANGRY at you for a reason, *ssHoles!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG...I love this--and I love all those movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is one of the best actresses working today. Hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing her in Strange Days, my friends and I started on a wicked work out regimate. Lost 5lbs, but 10lbs of muscle. The only time I had a 6 pack (well 4 pack abs) and my arms looked like her's. Thanks for reminding me. And, she is drop dead gorgeous and smart and amazing.

    ReplyDelete