Wednesday, April 13

Crossing The Street: A tale told through sensory observations and actions


(singing to myself: Adele song- Daydreamer... loudly singing to myself...)

(walking across 2nd ave. on 118th street...swagger in my step...)

(sounds of children yelling to each other behind me...)

(shrug)
(still walking across 2nd ave. on 118th street, almost at the sidewalk...)

(VERY NEAR and LOUD sounds of children yelling to each other...)

(Children running past me...)

(2 male/female children knocking me with shoulders as they pass...)

(falling down sequence from the HARD knock: left knee, hands, butt)
(sounds of children yelling to each other in front of me... not turning around to see the damage or to say "sorry"...)

(hard cement bump on butt pain, while in the right lane of 2nd ave...)

(walking to sidewalk, rubbing bum...)

(man in car in right lane of 2nd ave.: "Are you alright?! Do you need anything?!"

(ignoring the man...)
(pulling up leggings to assess damage done to knee...)

(profuse amounts of blood streaming down leg... instantly feeling copious amounts of knee pain...)

(put legging pant leg down... walk/limp away from scene of the crime/assault...)

(singing to myself: Jay-Z song- I got 99 problems...)

No comments:

Post a Comment