Wednesday, March 9

Giving up??

What am I giving up for LENT??????

This holiday always stresses me out. Most holidays stress me out.
There's always a need to prove something to someone.

Christmas = I love you and JESUS in present form.
Valentine's Day = (see former post)
St. Patrick's Day = I can outdrink you and wear Green better.
Fourth of July = I eat BBQ and love firecrackers more than you.

As a former Catholic, I guess I should observe this holiday.

GUILT!!!
As an agnostic, I feel like taking part in this holiday is a way of showing myself that I can make it through 40 days of anything.

SURVIVAL!!!
As someone on a diet already, I dread taking anything else out of my eating habits, because most of the time, I'm starving anyway.
HUNGER!!!


So...What have I decided
(with the help of my friend JKatz)
????
CHAIN RESTAURANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's right.

Goodbye, Starbucks.

I will miss you, Grande Skim Chai Lattes.
Goodbye, Chipotle.
I will miss you, Vegetarian Burritos.
Goodbye, Dunkin Donuts.
I will miss you, medium Hot Chocolate. Goodbye, Wendys. Hamburgers!!
I think I will miss you most of all.

Sigh.... LENT.
Day 1 begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment