Wednesday, December 8

GRANDMA vs. YOUR EGO

THE FIGHT IS ON.
ding. ding. ding.

In this corner:
the champion, THE GRANDMA.
  • doesn't support your career choice.
  • thought that you were a lesbian... and probably still thinks it... because you don't have a boyfriend or husband.
  • has friends that call you a HEATHEN, because you don't go to church.
  • uses your other family members to guilt trip you into calling her.
  • after you've called her, she just wants to tell you that she's lonely... despite there being 5 or more people over her house keeping her company.
In this corner:
the challenger, YOU & YOUR EGO.
  • confidently devoted to your career and life choices.
  • loving, caring individual, who calls their parents & siblings whenever they can.
  • goes to visit your grandmother, which is almost every other week, only to be ignored once you get there.
  • doesn't like to be called names or pushed into awkward situations by nosy old ladies.
  • supportive human to most of the family decisions and personal cheerleader of the general well being of the family as a whole.
Granted. No person is a saint.
I certainly am not one.
I cuss. I love violence (in films). I lie (sometimes). I have cheated (on a test).

And believe me, I love my grandmas.
(I still have both of them. Mother's side and Father's side.)

But sometimes... and you all know those times...

all you wanna do is SHAKE A GRANNY!

I get it. They're old. They're obstinate.
But they're not the only ones with feelings.
Respect your elders, and all that mess.
But OUFFF! Old people can be wrong too.

Does your grandma or grandpa drive you nuts?

1 comment:

  1. i think you know the answer to that question... yes mine drive me nuts.
    my dad's mom thinks i'm a lesbo too... thinks i'm incapable of flirting or keeping a guy & my mom's mom keeps asking me whether or not i'm sure that i haven't met someone... GAR

    ReplyDelete