Friday, March 19

As I DO NOT LIKE it.

People.... I have been busy.

I thought,
by not having a job anymore,
I would have lots of time to laze about and write
and think about nonsense.

NOPE. I was WRONG!
Updates:

Took a Patsy Rodenburg Voice class.
If you're an actor/actress with a brain in your head, you need to take it.
Stop making excuses.
Start saving the money for it.
Do it.
Go.

NOW.
This British woman has spunk. I like that.


Saw a bunch of plays/musicals:
AS YOU LIKE IT and THE TEMPEST at BAM with the Bridge Project.
HAMLET, that my friend Jon, was in.
NEXT TO NORMAL.
-------
Let me talk about NEXT TO NORMAL, first.
What is it about this show that makes people cry?
Is it because I'm not Caucasian?
Is it because I believe that singing through ALL of your emotions is tiring for me to watch?
PROBABLY!
There were people who gave it a STANDING O.
Really?????????????????

I have seen better musical acting and singing in my M.F.A. 3rd year Voice Class with people who claimed that they couldn't sing, but had beautiful voices and the need to tell a story.
HUMPH!

NEXT........

Hilarity should SLAP Sam Mendes on the bum.
No only were his two directorial BAM plays, BORING....But they were NOT funny.
There is no prescribed notion that either of those plays have to be hilarious or a barrel of laughs.
But they are comedies. And I did not find a single joke in there funny or amusing or at least enough to make me chuckle.
I was BORED to TEARS.At one point, I leaned on my friend's shoulder in the middle of the TEMPEST and said:
"There is no intermission. UGH!"
THAT IS A BAD SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Futhermore... when I am thinking about all the stuff that I have to do tomorrow instead of what's going on within the stage performance in front of me, because you're taking forever to say one line of text, THAT is a PROBLEM.

Too much thinking = an angry audience member
an angry audience member = me

Hahaha... did you miss me, people?
More to come...

Good scene for you.
A REALLY BAD BAD SCENE of a SHAKESPEARE ADAPTATION.
HAHAHAHAHA!
Tada.

No comments:

Post a Comment