Thursday, April 8

Here's Looking at You, Kid.


INGRID BERGMAN.

Look at this Swede.

Wiki her, b*tches.

She acted in great movies. Created huge scandals with married directors.
Made comebacks. And never plucked her eyebrows to suit what Hollywood wanted for her.

"I had no guarantee they would grow back...
And I was attached to them, and they were attached to me."
~Ingrid, to biographer


Let me first say that: I have realized that as I get older, movies about Nazis and the Resistance make me cry.

Get it together, Feisty Actress!
UGH!! I know.


But I love this movie.

Don't know it?

MoFo(s), CASABLANCA is the epitome of awesome. I have it on VHS and DVD.

She makes this movie work.

If she wasn't who she was...
Humphrey would've been talking to a wall. She made his acting look natural. And that's not a slight to Humphrey, but let's face it, he had a way of talking and he didn't like switching it up. She made everything seem effortless.

Also... there have been few films where I wanted someone else to get with Cary Grant, more than me.

(i'm a jealous one. ha!)



But have you seen NOTORIOUS ?

B*tch, please!

There is so much great acting in it. It makes my brain hurt with awesomeness.

Nazis.
Spies.
Good looking men.
And this Feisty b*tch.


She's played great parts.
Joan of Arc
.
Anastasia (not the Warner Bros. version).
Maria in For Whom the Bell Tolls.

She won 3 OSCARS.

Say WHAT?

YEP! THREE.

And 2 Emmy Awards. One was given to her posthumously.

Look look up her films, and watch them with the sound off.

A great teacher told me to watch some films on MUTE and by doing so, I would be watching how great actors create their roles not just with words, but with their bodies.

This b*tch did it. And then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment